I enjoy using Instagram, but one of my pet peeves is that you can’t (at the time of writing 2016/4/5) quickly swipe through full-screen photos. My solution was to quickly prototype a lightbox modal which chronological queues up photos so the user can swipe through each photo and return by swiping up.
- Pick an app you like and want to improve (one you know well helps)
- Sketch out ideas and iterate on the design
- Take screenshots and recreate what you need in Sketch
- Write down the experience from start to finish
- Work out if the step is an animation or user event
- Move to Framer and follow your written plan
- Test on device (you need to get firsthand experience of your design)
- Solicit feedback from community and friends
If you have any feedback or ways to improve this prototype, I’d be happy to chat through any of the social channels below.
This project is also on Dribbble